Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am
Location: Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!
Open Beta means that this version still has some bugs and quirks that we want to get rid of before public release. Also the open beta allows us to see if it is working as intended on a wider range of machines and configurations. The open beta will run until public release, which is estimated to come after the Aussie part of the team has had time to set up base in New Zealand. Apart from that, the difference between open beta and the public release is that you don't get the open beta via the auto-updater. Instead you have to install it manually: just download the appropriate file and then run it. If you need a full install, you need to download the game launcher separately from your user control panel here in the forums.
There are still a few broken things in this build, the most notable will be some dubious track simulation things related to sound and gearing. While we won't fix all of the bugs for public release, the highest priority ones will see a fix.
Note: So much has changed to the platforms that they are NOT compatible to this or any future updates. They would indeed crash the game. Your engines are compatible though, just revise them and then save them again to update their size info. They will be shown as "I don't fit" otherwise, no matter how small it is.
If you have any bug reports, please use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3857
If you have general feedback, just tell us here in this thread, what and why do you like it, what do you not like and why?
Torrent Full Installer (1353) 739 MB: http://126.96.36.199/Automation_Install_B1353.torrent
Download Link Patch (1323+ -> 1362) 29.5 MB: http://automationgame.com/gamefiles/Automation_b1323_b1362_Patch.exe (All-in-One Patch!)
Download Link Full Installer (1353) 739 MB: http://automationgame.com/gamefiles/Automation_Install_B1353.exe
- Maybe fixed the spinning wheel of death bug. The current solution makes the game seem stuck, that will be fixed.
- Added logging for the above (log.txt in Documents/Automation) such that we can see what's going on if it happens again.
- Addressed a bug where the recorded track time would be a big negative number.
- Fixed a bug which made it such that changing cooling airflow slider didn't affect engine MTBF shown in the Model Designer.
- Fixed a bug which made cooling airflow not load correctly in the Model Designer.
- Fixed a bug where Double-Clutch didn't make shifting in the track simulation faster.
- Fixed the brake airflow slider's effect on engine MTBF.
- Added more detailed background logging to the testing process. (log.txt file)
- Optimized the testing process performance by disabling the rendering of the designer room during testing.
- Fixed a bug in the testing process introduced in B1360.
Please report any errors you encounter in the thread linked above.
Have fun with this update!